- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Why are some children always boisterous while others are quiet? Why are some kids eager and ready to participate in activities while others have to be cajoled into trying? Why do some kids scream bloody murder with the mere prick of a needle – the same kids who are impossible to dress because the tags in the back of a shirt warrant it unbearable?
Each of us is born with our preferred style of interacting with the world around us. But genes are not destiny. Understanding each child's style and working with it is essential for effective discipline. By discovering who has come to be with you, you can select the most effective discipline tools and teach each child the skills he/she needs to maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to discover:
- The importance of temperamental differences
- The link between temperament and "behavior issues"
- Effective strategies that truly "fit" each child
- How your own temperament plays a role in the quality of your relationship with each child.
- The joy of discovering who has come to be with you