- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
What to Do When the Kids are Losing It: Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
What do you do when the kids are losing it simply because someone "looked" at them wrong? How do you respond when the kids are screaming, "You're not my boss!" or, when you've given them five choices and NONE of them are acceptable. What do you do when a child is hitting, kicking or swearing at you?
Learning to calm one's self is an essential life skill. It is a skill that begins with us, the adults in their lives.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to discover:
- Why intensity is "catchy"
- How your response changes the child's
- Techniques for picking up the "cues" before a child melts down
- Effective strategies to help you keep your cool
- Practical tools for calming a child
- How to teach a child to manage strong emotions and prevent melt downs in the future