- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation: Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
When a child wakes in the morning, or enters your classroom door, do you ever immediately sense that she is going to have a bad day? Does your "gut" twist when you "hear" a child before you have even seen him? Are there times when you find yourself disciplining four children before you are 15 minutes into your day?
Learning to self-regulate and reach the appropriate level of arousal is an essential life skill. Until children can tell us with words that they are struggling to calm themselves, they show us with behaviors, and often those behaviors are challenging ones.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to learn:
- The connections between challenging behaviors and under-developed self-regulation skills
- How to recognize when children are in a state of overarousal
- Effective emotion coaching techniques for helping children self-regulate and stop challenging behaviors before they start
- Practical tools to teach children how to self-regulate so they can work independently and/or cooperatively with others